- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Student protester shot, killed amid Venezuela unrest
- ‘Between Two Ferns’ director rushes to Obama’s defense, blasts O’Reilly
- Marine springs into action, runs down and tackles alleged Boston purse snatcher
- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
Peter Suderman’s Top Ten Movies of 2012
7. “Magic Mike”
A step on the star-ladder for Channing Tatum, this sly, engaging drama about a male stripper is more proof that director Steven Soderbergh can make just about anything entertaining.
8. “Killing Them Softly”
This grimly funny gangster film’s cynicism runs bone-deep. But it’s darkly funny, and boasts a sucker punch line that will stick with you.
9. “Beasts of the Southern Wild”
Beautiful, unique and emotionally exuberant, this tale of dreams and despair in a flooded world is a folk hymn to the mysteries of being alive.
An elegant, moody and distinctly modern take on Bond; it’s one of the most beautiful action movies I’ve ever seen.
“Looper,” “The Dark Knight Rises,” “Chronicle,” “Argo.”
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- John Kerry says any resumption of aid to Egypt would depend on reforms in Cairo
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again