- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
12-12-12 Sandy benefit to be aired on 34 outlets
NEW YORK (AP) - The 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy benefit concert will be broadcast across 34 U.S. and international television, radio and Internet across six continents.
Producers said in a Monday news release the concert will be available to 1 billion people across six continents.
Eric Clapton and Coldplay have been added to an already stellar lineup on Dec. 12 at Madison Square Garden that also includes Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen &The E Street Band, Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Roger Waters and others.
Proceeds from the benefit go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund, which is helping victims of Sandy in hard-hit New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. The November storm killed dozens and did billions of dollars in damage across the area.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.