- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
Clemson, LSU ready to showcase strengths
Boyd said the motivation is “just going out there and proving what type of team we are.”
“You know, we are getting a chance to play against one of the best,” he said. “But for us, it’s more about the competition, the nature of the business, the nature of the game and going out there and proving who is best out there. That’s what we pride ourselves on.”
LSU will counter with a power offense. Zach Mettenberger had only 11 touchdown passes with six interceptions.
Freshman Jeremy Hill leads LSU’s balanced running game with 631 yards and 10 touchdowns. Kenny Hilliard, Michael Ford and Spencer Ware will share the carries.
While Mettenberger has not reached 300 yards passing this season, Boyd had more than 400 yards with five TD passes in wins over Wake Forest and N.C. State. Boyd passed for more than 400 yards in six games.
LSU coach Les Miles said his defense must mix its strategies against Boyd.
“There has to be a point in time where you keep him in the pocket and you play coverage and there’s an opportunity to rush the passer with four guys,” Miles said. “I think anytime a quarterback can pull it down and go get yards, there’s an added responsibility to those guys that are rushing the ball, rushing the passer. And so, again, it’s something that you have to do with more than one strategy. You must rush the passer. You must contain him when you step back and let him throw it and to have coverage.”
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014