- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Clemson, LSU ready to showcase strengths
Question of the Day
Boyd said the motivation is “just going out there and proving what type of team we are.”
“You know, we are getting a chance to play against one of the best,” he said. “But for us, it’s more about the competition, the nature of the business, the nature of the game and going out there and proving who is best out there. That’s what we pride ourselves on.”
LSU will counter with a power offense. Zach Mettenberger had only 11 touchdown passes with six interceptions.
Freshman Jeremy Hill leads LSU’s balanced running game with 631 yards and 10 touchdowns. Kenny Hilliard, Michael Ford and Spencer Ware will share the carries.
While Mettenberger has not reached 300 yards passing this season, Boyd had more than 400 yards with five TD passes in wins over Wake Forest and N.C. State. Boyd passed for more than 400 yards in six games.
LSU coach Les Miles said his defense must mix its strategies against Boyd.
“There has to be a point in time where you keep him in the pocket and you play coverage and there’s an opportunity to rush the passer with four guys,” Miles said. “I think anytime a quarterback can pull it down and go get yards, there’s an added responsibility to those guys that are rushing the ball, rushing the passer. And so, again, it’s something that you have to do with more than one strategy. You must rush the passer. You must contain him when you step back and let him throw it and to have coverage.”
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world