- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
NHL lockout 2012: After progress, owners, players back at bargaining table
Question of the Day
NEW YORK — NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says he’s “pleased with the ongoing progress” as labor negotiations are resuming with players Wednesday following a meeting of the league’s board of governors.
Bettman returned to the site of talks with the players’ association after spending about two hours with executives from the league’s 30 teams a few blocks away. The commissioner offered a brief statement but declined to take questions.
Bettman and union executive director Donald Fehr are again sitting out the latest round of talks that are made up of six team owners and 18 players, along with staff and counsel on both sides. Players and owners met for a total of nearly eight hours on Tuesday in different size groups. Enough progress was made to get back to the bargaining table after talks ended around midnight Tuesday.
The lockout entered its 81st day Wednesday.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq