- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
NHL lockout 2012: After progress, owners, players back at bargaining table
NEW YORK — NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says he’s “pleased with the ongoing progress” as labor negotiations are resuming with players Wednesday following a meeting of the league’s board of governors.
Bettman returned to the site of talks with the players’ association after spending about two hours with executives from the league’s 30 teams a few blocks away. The commissioner offered a brief statement but declined to take questions.
Bettman and union executive director Donald Fehr are again sitting out the latest round of talks that are made up of six team owners and 18 players, along with staff and counsel on both sides. Players and owners met for a total of nearly eight hours on Tuesday in different size groups. Enough progress was made to get back to the bargaining table after talks ended around midnight Tuesday.
The lockout entered its 81st day Wednesday.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.