- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
Te’o wins Walter Camp Player of the Year award
Question of the Day
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLA. (AP) - Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o has won the Walter Camp national player of the year.
The award, announced Thursday by Walter Camp Football Foundation prior to the College Football Awards show, is voted on by the 124 Football Bowl Subdivision head coaches and sports information directors.
Te'o beat out finalists and Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, USC receiver Marqise Lee and Oregon running back Kenjon Barner.
The Fighting Irish senior becomes the third defensive player to win and fourth Notre Dame player to be selected. It is also the fourth national award Te'o has won, having already been awarded the Butkus Award, Bronco Nagurski Trophy and Lombardi Award.
A Heisman finalist, Te'o is also up for the Maxwell and Bednarik awards on Thursday.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world