- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Te’o wins Walter Camp Player of the Year award
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLA. (AP) - Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o has won the Walter Camp national player of the year.
The award, announced Thursday by Walter Camp Football Foundation prior to the College Football Awards show, is voted on by the 124 Football Bowl Subdivision head coaches and sports information directors.
Te'o beat out finalists and Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, USC receiver Marqise Lee and Oregon running back Kenjon Barner.
The Fighting Irish senior becomes the third defensive player to win and fourth Notre Dame player to be selected. It is also the fourth national award Te'o has won, having already been awarded the Butkus Award, Bronco Nagurski Trophy and Lombardi Award.
A Heisman finalist, Te'o is also up for the Maxwell and Bednarik awards on Thursday.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.