- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
INSIDE THE FIGHT TO BRING `LES MIS’ TO THE SCREEN
Nate Silver-style analytics made the case for the musical starring Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman.
THR’S WOMEN IN ENTERTAINMENT 2012: POWER 100
The Hollywood Reporter’s 21st annual ranking celebrates the 100 most powerful female leaders in the entertainment industry.
`LINCOLN’ CUSSING: WHAT THE F(at)(asterisk)&! IS UP WITH THIS S(hash)(at)?!
Biographer Doris Kearns Goodwin reviewed the script and tells THR she “never had a problem with the language,” but another historian who consulted on the movie says it’s “completely unlikely” for the 16th president.
GAVIN POLONE ON `FAILURE’ JEFF ZUCKER: SADLY, HE’LL SUCCEED AT CNN
The producer and Conan O’Brien manager says the former broadcast entertainment chief’s toughness — and the laws of statistics — suggest a win.
HOLIDAY OSCAR PARTIES SHIFT INTO OVERDRIVE WITH EARLY VOTING DEADLINES
Early voting and a heated race are making for endless gatherings; “it’s exhausting,” gripes one voter.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.