- N.Y. prosecutors: Russian diplomats bilked $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
MEYERS: Obama can’t blame Israel for Palestine
Radical Islamist intentions threaten peace
Forcing the Israelis to give up land for “peace,” then using terror attacks and international pressure to force further concessions, then repeating until Israel is no longer recognizable or defendable, is not a strategy for peace. This strategy does not inspire trust that Mr. Abbas rejects Hamas‘ view on Israel’s right to exist.
Peace isn’t based on promises. It’s based on actions. Though Mr. Abbas has created a functional government in the West Bank, this is not proof of a desire for peace. It is merely proof of a desire for a Palestinian state.
Mr. Obama will never be an honest or effective broker for peace until he understands this reality: There cannot be peace until all Palestinians recognize Israel’s right to exist publicly and, more importantly, privately.
David Meyers worked in the White House from 2006 to 2009.
Get Breaking Alerts
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- At minimum, a bad deal