- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
BMW smashes into KFC in Prince George’s, killing one
A BMW smashed into a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant Monday night in Prince George’s County, killing the driver and injuring two others.
The accident occurred at about 6:30 p.m., when the driver of the BMW veered off Martin Luther King Jr. Highway, hit another vehicle, then crashed through the window of the carryout restaurant in Landover.
County police said the unidentified, 29-year-old female driver of the BMW was traveling “at a high rate of speed” when the accident occurred.
The car also hit some trash cans outside a gas station as it veered off the road and a vehicle backing out of a parking space at the KFC.
The BMW driver was ejected upon impact and declared dead at the scene. Her passenger, a 31-year-old man, and the driver of the vehicle that was hit, a 68-year-old man, were both taken to a local hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.
Police also said they are looking into whether alcohol consumption was a factor.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Senators reach deal on unemployment benefits
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Kerry warns of 'very serious' response to Crimea-Russia alliance
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again