- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Palestinian rivals hold unity talks in Qatar
Qatar’s emir and other officials joined the meetings in apparent efforts to push the unity accord forward between Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas of Fatah and Khaled Mashaal, leader of the Islamist Hamas.
A senior Abbas aide, Azzam al-Ahmed, described the dialogue as “positive” but said further discussions were needed with other Palestinians factions over key issues such as elections and forming a transitional unity government.
The delays suggest neither side is yet ready to embrace the pact reached last year. It seeks to end more than four years of separate governments in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip and the West Bank, which is ruled by Mr. Abbas‘ Western-backed Palestinian Authority.
“I’m sure there will be an agreement, but we still have to continue consultations with other Palestinians factions,” Mr. al-Ahmed told reporters.
He said further talks were set for later Sunday in Qatar’s capital, Doha.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Senate rejects Gillibrand's overhaul of military's handling of sexual assaults
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again