- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
MAINWARING: Abortion beats breast cancer
Attack on Komen group reveals Planned Parenthood’s real business interest
Question of the Day
Before the 2011 NFL season began, it was as if there already was an anti-Tim Tebow club lying in wait. There’s a reason Mr. Tebow is reviled by so many. He is the poster boy for pro-life America and thus the archenemy of Planned Parenthood, NARAL and others.
How did this come about? During the 2010 Super Bowl, while still a University of Florida quarterback, Mr. Tebow and his mom, Pam, were featured in a commercial produced by Focus on the Family. Pam Tebow ignored doctors’ recommendations to abort her fifth child after she became sick. She ended up giving birth to a future Heisman Trophy winner. His life stands as an indictment against organizations like Planned Parenthood, reminding us that each aborted child is indeed a life - a singular, remarkable life.
What’s next? If baseball, hot dogs or apple pie ever get in the way of abortion on demand, the attacks will come fast.
Doug Mainwaring is a co-founder of the National Capital Tea Party Patriots.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for