Continued from page 2

Neither the school officials nor the parents of the boy who is said to have been touched responded to emails from The Times seeking comment. The mother of the purported “offending child” returned an email with a phone call in which she angrily declined to discuss the matter.

In an email Wednesday, Metropolitan Police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said the department’s youth division investigated and determined that the touching allegations were “unfounded.” She directed further inquiries to D.C. Public Schools.

But the matter has caught the attention of D.C. Council member Phil Mendelson, at-large Democrat, who in an email to Ms. Washington last month, obtained by The Times, said he had asked that the barring notice be revoked, although the request had been refused.

“I have met with the chancellor, and she’s looking into the entire situation further,” he wrote.

Mr. Mendelson told The Times recently that he is not satisfied with the status of the matter and continues to seek answers, but he was not prepared to publicly address it.