- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Veteran Jeff Halpern thankful to get chance with Rangers
Former Caps assistant Johnson takes same gig with Sharks
Question of the Day
Oates said Monday he had not reached out to former fellow New Jersey Devils assistant and Hall of Famer Larry Robinson about joining his staff. Robinson took a job with the Sharks and will work alongside Johnson and Jay Woodcroft.
But Oates also admitted he has a good idea what kind of assistants he would like.
“Yeah, a little bit. George and I have talked a lot,” he said. “We’ve put a list together, and we’re still in the process. I’m sure he’ll tell you guys when it’s time.”
One person close to Oates ruled himself out (again) Tuesday, as associate goaltending coach Olie Kolzig reaffirmed his desire to remain in a part-time role so he could spend time with his wife and three children in Florida.
“Honestly I don’t think I’m really prepared to be one yet. It’s something I’m not committed to doing yet,” Kolzig said. “Being an assistant obviously requires a lot of time at the rink, and I don’t know if I’m read to make that commitment yet. I’m not ruling it out at some point maybe down the road, but I definitely need to first of all learn more.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
Exchanges reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world