- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
London Olympics 2012: Japan shows its mettle against medal-favorite Spain in soccer
Question of the Day
Police allowed shoppers to return after a few minutes. Westfield mall authorities said the alarm was triggered in a restaurant area.
Wimbledon champs learn Olympic draws
Roger Federer is back at Wimbledon a few weeks after winning his seventh title there, opening his bid for Olympic gold against Colombian Alejandro Falla.
Serena Williams, who also won at the All England Club, plays Jelena Jankovic in the first round. The draw was held Thursday, two days ahead of the event.
Second-ranked Novak Djokovic was drawn into the same half as Wimbledon finalist Andy Murray, meaning the pair could meet in the semifinals.
Williams could meet No. 1 Victoria Azarenka of Belarus in the semifinals.
Greek high jumper fails doping test, withdraws
A Greek athlete has failed a doping test, according to an IAAF official, and the father and coach of world indoor high jump champion Dimitris Chondrokoukis says his son has tested positive and withdrawn from the Olympics.
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- KEENE: Thinking outside nanny-state box with Paul Ryan
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq