- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Redskins’ Evan Royster expecting more from himself in second season
Running back has a chance for significant workload
And there’s also the balance issue.
“I know when I see a hole or I get excited, I kind of speed up my feet too much,” he said. “If I was breaking a tackle I try to come out of it too fast. That’s when you slip. You’ve got to re-gain your balance and then go. I just get a little antsy.”
Royster believes last year’s playing experience will help him slow the game in his mind. He’ll stay on his feet so he can turn that 28-yard run into something greater.
“In this system, if you’re a good running back you’re going to shine,” left tackle Trent Williams said. “He has a great feel for the game, great field vision. He’s just one of those guys with endless tools in the tool kit.”
Notes: The Redskins claimed receiver Dezmon Briscoe off waivers and released receiver Brian Hernandez, Shanahan said. Tampa Bay released the two-year veteran Thursday after he failed the Buccaneers’ conditioning test. Briscoe also did not attend a significant portion of Tampa Bay’s voluntary offseason program. …
• Right tackle Jammal Brown (right hip) will visit a doctor on Tuesday to discuss plans for his recovery. Shanahan did not know results of Brown’s MRI.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Robert E. Lee and 'Stonewall' Jackson tributes face Army War College removal
- Wasted: Tom Coburn's 'Wastebook targets 70 days in bed, Facebook
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- OBAMASCARE: Huge premium hikes rock employer-insured workers
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- ISTOOK: Enlarging his rule, shrinking the Constitution
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- 5 million fall into Obamacare coverage gap
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow