- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Stocks slip ahead of crucial Fed, ECB meetings
Question of the Day
Among other stocks making big moves:
• Coach, the luxury handbag maker, fell $11.2, or 18.6 percent, to $49.33, the biggest loss in the S&P 500 index. The company’s revenue came in below analysts’ forecasts because of slower sales at North American factory stores as consumers became more cautious about spending.
• U.S. Steel gained $1.73, or 9 percent, to $20.65. Higher prices and lower costs for raw materials and energy helped the company beat analysts’ forecasts despite challenging economic conditions, particularly in Europe.
• Goodyear Tire rose $1.08, or 10.4 percent, to $11.45. The company’s income more than doubled in the quarter after lower costs offset a drop in tire sales and beat Wall Street’s expectations.
• Valero Energy rose $1.42, or 5.4 percent, to $27.50. The second quarter results from the gasoline and petroleum products maker beat Wall Street profit forecasts after the company expanded its fuel-making operation in the United Kingdom, which helped the company increase production.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors