- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Woman charged in connection with Manassas fatal crash
A woman has been charged with involuntary manslaughter following a crash that killed one and injured one in Manassas on Saturday night.
Lori Love Shipe, 52, ran a red light in her Lexus SUV, and crashed into a Ford Focus that was turning left from Prince William Parkway onto Dumfries Road at 10:27 p.m., according to police. Police say alcohol was involved.
The passenger in the Focus, 57-year-old Judith Ann Meyer of Powhatan, was killed in the crash.
A spokesman for the Prince William County police said the survivor, a 58-year-old man who was driving the Focus, is still in the hospital with injuries. A family dog in the Focus was also killed.
Shipe was originally charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, but received subsequent charges of aggravated involuntary manslaughter and maiming by DUI.
The Focus crashed into a third car, but no injuries from that vehicle were reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again