- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Woman charged in connection with Manassas fatal crash
A woman has been charged with involuntary manslaughter following a crash that killed one and injured one in Manassas on Saturday night.
Lori Love Shipe, 52, ran a red light in her Lexus SUV, and crashed into a Ford Focus that was turning left from Prince William Parkway onto Dumfries Road at 10:27 p.m., according to police. Police say alcohol was involved.
The passenger in the Focus, 57-year-old Judith Ann Meyer of Powhatan, was killed in the crash.
A spokesman for the Prince William County police said the survivor, a 58-year-old man who was driving the Focus, is still in the hospital with injuries. A family dog in the Focus was also killed.
Shipe was originally charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, but received subsequent charges of aggravated involuntary manslaughter and maiming by DUI.
The Focus crashed into a third car, but no injuries from that vehicle were reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014