- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Woman charged in connection with Manassas fatal crash
A woman has been charged with involuntary manslaughter following a crash that killed one and injured one in Manassas on Saturday night.
Lori Love Shipe, 52, ran a red light in her Lexus SUV, and crashed into a Ford Focus that was turning left from Prince William Parkway onto Dumfries Road at 10:27 p.m., according to police. Police say alcohol was involved.
The passenger in the Focus, 57-year-old Judith Ann Meyer of Powhatan, was killed in the crash.
A spokesman for the Prince William County police said the survivor, a 58-year-old man who was driving the Focus, is still in the hospital with injuries. A family dog in the Focus was also killed.
Shipe was originally charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, but received subsequent charges of aggravated involuntary manslaughter and maiming by DUI.
The Focus crashed into a third car, but no injuries from that vehicle were reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.