- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Bob Seger among Songwriter Hall of Fame inductees
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Multi-platinum recording artist Bob Seeger led off this years’ Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony with a rousing version of his 1973 classic, “Turn the Page.”
The Detroit rocker called songwriting the hardest thing he does, and the most rewarding.
Seger, along with Canadian folk rocker Gordon Lightfoot, “Gambler” songwriter Don Schlitz, and Jim Steinman of “Bat Out of Hell” fame, were inducted. The writers of the long-running musical, “The Fantastick’s” also were among this year’s crop.
Special awards were presented to Bette Midler, Ben E. King and Lance Freed, son of the legendary disc jockey Alan Freed.
R&B singer Ne-Yo received the Hal David Starlight Award presented to young songwriters.
Founded in 1969 by Johnny Mercer, the Songwriters Hall of Fame shines a spotlight on the accomplishments of songwriters.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors