- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Georgetown to play Florida on naval ship during Veteran’s Day weekend
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Florida and Georgetown basketball teams will play Veteran's Day weekend this year at Naval Station Mayport in Jacksonville.
Officials say the Nov. 9 game is part of the Navy-Marine Corps Challenge. Plans are to hold the regular-season, non-conference game on an aircraft carrier.
This will be the fifth time the two schools have ever played. The Hoyas won their first two meetings, and the Gators won their two most recent. The last time the teams played was during the Sweet 16 of the 2006 NCAA Tournament, with Florida winning 57-53. Both teams made it to the 2007 Final Four but were on opposite sides of the bracket. Florida went on to win both tournaments.
Proceeds from the game will go to veteran causes.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow