- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
WIMBLEDON 2012: Capsules on top men’s players
Question of the Day
Career Singles Titles: 74
Last 5 Wimbledons: `11-QF, `10-QF, `09-W, `08-F, `07-W
Topspin: Owns record 16 Grand Slam singles titles but has gone about 2 1/2 years without one, by far his longest drought since he won his first at Wimbledon in 2003. … Has won six Wimbledon championships; trying to join Pete Sampras and Willie Renshaw (who played in the 1880s) as the only men to win seven singles titles at the tournament. … Has reached at least the quarterfinals at a record 32 consecutive Grand Slam tournaments. … No man 30 or older has won a major title since Andre Agassi at the 2003 Australian Open.
2012 Match Record: 26-9
2012 Singles Titles: 1
Career Singles Titles: 22
Last 5 Wimbledons: `11-SF, `10-SF, `09-SF, `08-QF, `07-DNP
Topspin: Streak of reaching semifinals at five Grand Slam tournaments in a row ended with quarterfinal exit against David Ferrer at French Open. … Coached now by Ivan Lendl, who famously never won Wimbledon. … The Scot seems to thrive under _ not shy away from _ the tremendous scrutiny and pressure he’s subject to at the All England Club as Britain hopes for its first male champion at Wimbledon _ or any Grand Slam tennis tournament _ since 1936. … “In all sports, playing at home is viewed as being a huge advantage, whereas for some reason when it comes to Wimbledon everyone thinks it’s a bad thing. … I haven’t really found it that way,” Murray said Saturday.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Calling prison term disparities unfair, Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow