- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Hunter-Reay gives Andretti 2 straight wins
Question of the Day
Josef Newgarden took out the leader, Ryan Briscoe, after Briscoe descended low in an effort to grab tires for what he thought was a strong shot at victory. Contact also claimed Hinchcliffe and JR Hildebrand, and fittingly ended under caution when Kattherine Legge hit the wall two laps from the finish.
It was such a strange night that Simona de Silvestro and her much-derided Lotus engine finished 14th out of 25 cars _ albeit six laps down.
“It all comes down to consistency. That’s how championships are won. We have to be consistent. We have to go week in and week out, be consistently strong, be in the top five for sure every weekend,” Hunter-Reay said.
A beaming Michael Andretti said after the race that he thought that his team had a real shot at a rare 1-2-3 finish. Those hopes were erased when Hinchcliffe clipped the wall, but in the end it all worked out yet again for Andretti Autosports.
“When you see at one point all three of them right together, you’re like `Oh boy.’ You’re always holding your breath watching it. But they all really take care of each other, like each other. I knew they weren’t going to do anything stupid,” Andretti said.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq