- Planned Parenthood rebrands ‘pro-choice’ as ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
Play of Ensler’s ‘Emotional Creature’ comes to NYC
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - A play based on Eve Ensler’s 2010 best-seller “Emotional Creature” is heading off-Broadway.
Producers announced Wednesday that the stage adaptation, also written by “The Vagina Monologues” author, will be performed at The Pershing Square Signature Center this fall.
The play, starring six women, is a collage of monologues and chat sessions about body image, dieting, sex and abortion, among other topics. There is also peppy music by Charl-Johan Lingenfelder.
Previews begin Oct. 26 with an opening night set for Nov. 12.
“Emotional Creature” was workshopped at New York Stage and Film at Vassar College in August 2010, with subsequent stagings in Johannesburg and Paris. It had its world premiere this month at Berkeley Repertory in California.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world