- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
Astros sign MLB’s top pick Carlos Correa for $4.8 million
Question of the Day
HOUSTON — Carlos Correa, taken by Houston with the top pick in this week’s amateur draft, has agreed to a contract with the Astros for a signing bonus of $4.8 million
The deal announced Thursday for the 17-year-old shortstop is the first for a top pick since the new collective bargaining agreement that places restraints on spending for selections in the first 10 rounds. It is the lowest guarantee for a top selection since Kansas City gave pitcher Luke Hochevar $3.5 million in 2006.
Under the labor deal, agreed to in November, the recommended slot value for the top pick was $7.2 million. The values of the slots for a team’s picks in the first 10 rounds are added up, and teams exceeding their totals are penalized with a tax and possibly the loss of future draft picks,
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq