- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Tiger drives off to an uncertain future
Question of the Day
And even if Woods is a “normal” 36, the competition is getting younger. Maybe it was just the magic of television, but when NBC Sports turned its camera from Woods driving away from Doral, it returned to McIlroy holing a bunker shot for eagle on the 12th hole as Boy Wonder came from eight shots down and nearly won.
In 12 tournaments on the PGA Tour this year, nine of the winners have been younger than Woods.
McIlroy was playing in the group behind Woods when he saw him get in a cart with his caddie, Joe LaCava. He thought Woods might have been going to use the restroom, discovering moments later what had happened.
“It’s a shame, because he looked like he was coming out this year, swinging it really well, playing good, getting himself into contention,” McIlroy said. “It’s probably just precautionary, but I really hope he’s ready for the Masters. Tiger Woods has been the face of golf for the last 15 years. Feeling like he’s coming back to his best, or something near his best, it’s great for the game.
“He can spark an interest in the game that no one else can.”
Woods can only raise interest if he’s playing, though. And the interest spikes when he’s winning.
Right now, he’s not doing either.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq