- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
AP Newsbreak: No expanded replay in MLB this year
Question of the Day
As part of the negotiations, the umpires would like something in return _ maybe additional retirement or disability benefits, or perhaps a seventh umpire for postseason crews so more umps could get a chance in October.
The players’ union, meanwhile, wants to wait to weigh in until after MLB and the umpires reach an understanding. Trying to get all three sides to agree, however, has proved a difficult balancing act.
“I know they are trying to do some things to upgrade the game and that’s been talked about,” Thome, the Philadelphia slugger, said Tuesday.
“It’s hard to say this will work or that will work,” he said. “I think you have to experiment with it before you say, `Hey, that will do,’ because to be honest, and they’ve done a good job with it, you have to understand what it’s going to be before you comment on that. You have to see how it plays itself out.”
AP Sports Writers Ronald Blum and Rob Maaddi contributed to this report.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors