- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Hollywoon Reporter: Portman stylist most powerful
NEW YORK (AP) - Kate Young, the stylist responsible for some of Michelle Williams‘ and Natalie Portman’s most memorable red carpet moments, tops The Hollywood Reporter’s countdown of the 25 most powerful stylists in showbiz.
No. 3 is Petra Flannery, who likes to discover new talent and make them fashion stars. Her roster includes Emma Stone, Zoe Saldana, Mila Kunis and Megan Fox.
Other notables: At No. 11, Jeanne Yang, who styles Katie Holmes so well they have a luxury sportswear collection in their names at Barneys New York; No. 12, L’Wren Scott, who is engaged to Mick Jagger and is a favorite of first lady Michelle Obama; and No. 20, reality TV star Brad Goreski, who made the list while his former employer, stylist-turned-designer Rachel Zoe, went from No. 1 last year to off the countdown this year. (The Hollywood Reporter says she’s now “too big to rank.”)
The list is available online, and the magazine hits newsstands Thursday.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Harry Reid's visa pressure cooker
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
The “Silver Tsunami” created by aging Baby Boomers is hitting America. Let’s explore how we adjust to it, enjoy it and defy negative expectations about age.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow