- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Kickoff rule reduced concussions
Instant replay also could see two significant changes: booth replay officials reviewing plays rather than referees, and all turnovers being reviewed just as all scoring plays currently are reviewed.
The committee felt because reviewing a turnover will not cause a delay _ the clock is stopped on such plays _ it makes sense to look at them just like the way the league began reviewing touchdowns, field goals, extra points and safeties in 2011.
“The coaches will have a lot more challenges left in their pockets,” McKay said. “The majority of challenges were on scoring plays and turnovers prior to last year.”
Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday the league would look into its restriction on cross-ownership if St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke buys the Los Angeles Dodgers.
“If he ultimately has the winning bid,” Goodell said, “we’d immediately move with our committee, knowing it’s important to baseball.”
The league also handed out compensatory picks to teams who lost free agents last year. Green Bay, the New York Jets and Cleveland each got four selections in next month’s draft. Indianapolis, Oakland and Pittsburgh received three each. Baltimore and Minnesota got two apiece, while Atlanta, Buffalo, Carolina, Dallas, St. Louis, San Diego and the Super Bowl champion Giants each got one.
Only the Raiders will make a compensatory selection in the third round, No. 95 overall. The Packers and Vikings both got two in the fourth round, when the Giants, Raiders, Ravens and Cowboys received one. Oakland, Baltimore and Indianapolis were awarded fifth-rounders. The rest of the picks are in the sixth and seventh rounds.
Teams cannot trade compensatory picks.
Free agents who brought such picks to their former teams included cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who left Oakland for Philadelphia; running back-kick returner Darren Sproles, who went from San Diego to New Orleans; and quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who went from Minnesota to Seattle.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.