- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
A look at key players in Yahoo’s CEO succession
Question of the Day
_ WHO’S OUT: Scott Thompson, former CEO.
Joined Yahoo Inc. in January. Most recently had been president of eBay Inc.’s PayPal division. Earlier held leadership positions in technology and IT at Visa Inc. and Barclays Global Investors.
_ WHO’S IN: Ross Levinsohn, interim CEO.
_ THE CATALYST: Daniel Loeb, founder of hedge fund Third Point LLC, a major Yahoo shareholder.
Loeb demanded Thompson’s firing and director Patti Hart’s resignation after discovering inaccuracies in their official bios.
Before Thompson, Carol Bartz held the job from 2009 until she was fired in September. She had taken over in late 2008 from company co-founder Jerry Yang, who had returned to Yahoo in 2007 to replace Terry Semel.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors