- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Assad’s murderous regime must end now
Question of the Day
The recent Syrian massacre of children and their parents ought to motivate the United States and other European allies to take action against the murderous dictator President Basher Assad and his family ("U.N. envoy 'horrified' by Syria massacre, 108 dead," Web, Monday).
The world does not need another mass killer along the lines of Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Mao Zedong, Saddam Hussein, Papa Doc Duvalier and Moammar Gadhafi. They left their stamp on history as heartless killers of their own people.
There is no need to wait for NATO to activate its slow war machine against Mr. Assad. England, France and the United States can start by delivering a few choice bombs and missiles to Mr. Assad's residence and the headquarters of his army. The operation can be called a "punitive action" for the murder of children and their parents. It can be a limited operation that can take place at night without any publicity or credit for its effectiveness.
Let the Syrian people follow up if they wish until the hated regime is wiped from the face of the earth.
No more talk - let Mr. Assad get some of his own medicine. The doctor and his wife may not like the medicine, but they have no choice in the matter.
LOUIS GINESI DOMINGUEZ
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Get Breaking Alerts
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals