- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Would re-election mean President Biden?
If President Obama is elected to a second term, there is a distinct possibility the public will end up having Joseph R. Biden Jr. as president. Why? Because of Libya.
If re-elected, there is a chance Mr. Obama will be forced to resign, as will Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. During the Watergate scandal, then-President Richard Nixon was forced to resign -- not over the break-in but because of the cover-up. The situation of Benghazi, Libya, is worse.
In Watergate, Republicans were behind a break-in of a Democratic office, but no one was killed. In Libya, it appears that Mr. Obama may have culpability in the deaths of four Americans. He wanted to maintain an image that all was well, and no one was to rock the boat. This prevented the State Department and the Defense Department from providing adequate protection. Mr. Obama did not take action during the seven-hour attack to save the Americans and later claimed the attack was a spontaneous demonstration caused by a video. This was not the case.
CHARLES E. HEIMACH
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Get Breaking Alerts
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Donald Rumsfeld has 'no idea' if he paid taxes correctly
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Solution to Cyprus dispute is no 'mistake'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's real wealth redistribution scheme
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare numbers nothing to celebrate
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unanswered bus-crash questions
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lerner won't face meaningful punishment