- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Would re-election mean President Biden?
Question of the Day
If President Obama is elected to a second term, there is a distinct possibility the public will end up having Joseph R. Biden Jr. as president. Why? Because of Libya.
If re-elected, there is a chance Mr. Obama will be forced to resign, as will Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. During the Watergate scandal, then-President Richard Nixon was forced to resign -- not over the break-in but because of the cover-up. The situation of Benghazi, Libya, is worse.
In Watergate, Republicans were behind a break-in of a Democratic office, but no one was killed. In Libya, it appears that Mr. Obama may have culpability in the deaths of four Americans. He wanted to maintain an image that all was well, and no one was to rock the boat. This prevented the State Department and the Defense Department from providing adequate protection. Mr. Obama did not take action during the seven-hour attack to save the Americans and later claimed the attack was a spontaneous demonstration caused by a video. This was not the case.
CHARLES E. HEIMACH
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public