- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Would re-election mean President Biden?
If President Obama is elected to a second term, there is a distinct possibility the public will end up having Joseph R. Biden Jr. as president. Why? Because of Libya.
If re-elected, there is a chance Mr. Obama will be forced to resign, as will Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. During the Watergate scandal, then-President Richard Nixon was forced to resign -- not over the break-in but because of the cover-up. The situation of Benghazi, Libya, is worse.
In Watergate, Republicans were behind a break-in of a Democratic office, but no one was killed. In Libya, it appears that Mr. Obama may have culpability in the deaths of four Americans. He wanted to maintain an image that all was well, and no one was to rock the boat. This prevented the State Department and the Defense Department from providing adequate protection. Mr. Obama did not take action during the seven-hour attack to save the Americans and later claimed the attack was a spontaneous demonstration caused by a video. This was not the case.
CHARLES E. HEIMACH
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- 'Harry Potter' and 'Hunger Games' fans debate over political messages in films
- Democratic infighting erupts with squabble over entitlements
- Young and healthy millennials create risky imbalance by shunning Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Susan Rice slams Russia, China on human rights
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time