- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Syracuse, SDSU practice in breeze for carrier game
Question of the Day
If it’s windy on Sunday, the Aztecs could be in even bigger trouble trying to shoot over the zone.
Having to shoot over the zone in the wind “makes it a lot more difficult for us, but we’ve been working on a lot of zone offense preparing for this game,” SDSU star guard Jamaal Franklin said.
Franklin said he spent time recently shooting on an outdoor court at UC San Diego, which gets wind similar to San Diego Bay.
“The ball is being affected,” Syracuse guard Brandon Triche said. “You can’t think about it. You still have to take open shots. If you’re not really open, you might want to go to the basket a little more.”
Syracuse should have an easier time of that than the Aztecs.
“Just make more layups,” said hulking Orange freshman DaJuan Coleman, who is 6-foot-9 and 288 pounds. Syracuse also has sophomore Rakeem Christmas (6-9, 242) at the back of Boeheim’s signature zone defense; and 6-8 junior C.J. Fair at small forward.
The tallest starter in SDSU’s guard-dominated lineup is forward DeShawn Stephens, who’s 6-8.
Regardless, it’ll be an atmosphere to remember, SDSU guard Chase Tapley said.
“It’s a great experience and a great memory I can share with my bros and my coaching staff and my family. It’s still not hit me we’re going to be playing on a boat and the water’s right there,” Tapley said.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world