- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
Youngstown State defeats George Washington 80-73
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) — Damian Eargle's three-point play with 40 seconds left snapped a 71-all tie and Youngstown State pulled out an 80-73 victory over George Washington Saturday in each team's season opener.
Eargle was fouled by Lasan Kromah as he made a layup and converted the free throw to put the Penguins ahead 74-71. Youngstown State made six free throws in the final 25 seconds, and the Penguins escaped victorious after nearly blowing a late lead.
Blake Allen's 3-pointer with 2:40 left put Youngstown State ahead 71-65, but the Colonials charged back with six straight points, the last of which was an Isaiah Armwood dunk following a Penguins' turnover. Armwood led George Washington with 18 points.
Allen finished with 19 points, including four 3-pointers, while Eargle had 11 points.
The win was coach Jerry Slocum's 75th at Youngstown State, tying him for third on the program's all-time list with Mike Rice.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world