- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Ethics: What It Means to Be An Officer and a Gentleman
Question of the Day
The military has always been adamant that we cannot tolerate adultery in our ranks, at any level. That is why it is an article in the Uniform Code of Military Justice — Article 134, the "good order and discipline" article — because it is a major cancer on any organization or society and will destroy the moral fabric of our basic motto of "Duty, Honor and Country." This must be a zero-tolerance policy enforced at all levels, and especially at the senior ranks, for the good of our military and of our nation.
Having spent his entire career in a military culture built upon such principles, Gen. David Petraeus knew very well what he had to do, and he was correct in his decision to immediately resign after being informed by his superior, Director of National Intelligence Gen. James Clapper. The CIA is not, of course, the military, but it also could not tolerate this kind of leadership as an organization, and Gen. Petraeus was well aware of that.
I am very sorry to see such a brilliant career ended so abruptly when we needed his leadership in the global war against radical Islam. Gen. Petraeus' failure to meet his own high standards will be discussed for years to come, but he made the right decision for his family and for our nation. In the end, he had no other alternative.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq