- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Ethics: What It Means to Be An Officer and a Gentleman
The military has always been adamant that we cannot tolerate adultery in our ranks, at any level. That is why it is an article in the Uniform Code of Military Justice — Article 134, the "good order and discipline" article — because it is a major cancer on any organization or society and will destroy the moral fabric of our basic motto of "Duty, Honor and Country." This must be a zero-tolerance policy enforced at all levels, and especially at the senior ranks, for the good of our military and of our nation.
Having spent his entire career in a military culture built upon such principles, Gen. David Petraeus knew very well what he had to do, and he was correct in his decision to immediately resign after being informed by his superior, Director of National Intelligence Gen. James Clapper. The CIA is not, of course, the military, but it also could not tolerate this kind of leadership as an organization, and Gen. Petraeus was well aware of that.
I am very sorry to see such a brilliant career ended so abruptly when we needed his leadership in the global war against radical Islam. Gen. Petraeus' failure to meet his own high standards will be discussed for years to come, but he made the right decision for his family and for our nation. In the end, he had no other alternative.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.