- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Michael Uslan’s 1980 choice for Joker up for sale
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Here's the Joker!
Film producer and comics fan Michael Uslan, who acquired the rights to make Batman as a movie in 1979, knew nearly a decade before Tim Burton's 1989 "Batman" was released who the Joker would be.
It came in a burst of inspiration in 1980 from the pages in the New York Post: a publicity photo of Jack Nicholson from the "The Shining" in which he hacks through a door and announces, "Here's Johnny!"
Uslan knew immediately he'd found his clown prince of crime. Using black marker, a red pen and Wite-Out, he turned Nicholson into the DC Comics villain.
The sketch went up for auction Monday until Dec. 3 through ComicConnect.com, along with several other pieces of art and comics that Uslan has collected.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.