- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
- Aborted fetuses from British Columbia incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
Israeli defense chief: Rebels take Syrian villages
JERUSALEM — The Israeli defense minister says "almost all" Syrian villages near the frontier with Israel have fallen into rebel hands.
Ehud Barak delivered his assessment Wednesday during a tour of the Israel-held Golan Heights.
Barak said: "Almost all of the villages, from the foot of this ridge to the very top, are already in the hands of the Syrian rebels."
He said the Syrian army is displaying "ever-diminishing efficiency."
Earlier this week, Israel opened fire across the border after stray Syrian mortar shells flew into the Golan. Israel believes the mortar attack was spillover from the violence in Syria, and not aimed at Israel.
Bark says Israel will remain "vigilant and alert."
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- In the company of a saint: Catholic Church will canonize Pope John Paul and Pope John XXIII
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- NAPOLITANO: A legal way to kill?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014