- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Giving thanks in the Obama era
The recent election has made me re-examine everything I am thankful for this season. For instance, I’m glad I’m not a baker who worked at Hostess Brands Inc., a diplomat who works in this administration or an assembly-line worker at Solyndra LLC.
I’m thankful that I do not live near the U.S.-Mexican border, endangered by assault weapons supplied by our government, and I’m grateful that I don’t work for one of the many companies that will be forced to leave California due to excessive regulation and taxation. I’m thankful that by being self-employed, I can skirt the devastating costs and regulations promised by Obamacare and that I am responsible enough to insure my family. In short, I’m thankful that politicians and unions have not yet been able to destroy me.
La Habra, Calif.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies