- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Taking Names: Bono, Sting among stars donating for Havel tapestry
Question of the Day
“I want everybody to know I’ve got 85 chapters of ‘Trapped in the Closet’ waiting in the studio for y’all,” he said. “The chapters that are coming — the show, we call it — is going to exceed every chapter that you have ever seen.”
Mr. Kelly capped of the evening with a rendition of one of his biggest hits, “I Believe I Can Fly,” for the audience.
50 Cent licensed as boxing promoter
Rapper and entrepreneur 50 Cent is taking a swing at promoting boxing in Nevada.
Nevada Athletic Commission executive Keith Kizer said Monday the entertainer and businessman whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III won approval last week for a promoter’s license, The Associated Press reports.
The company is called SMS Promotions. It’s handling a Dec. 8 bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas between Cuban-born Miami-based boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa and an opponent yet to be named.
Messages left Monday with the company in New York City weren’t returned.
Mr. Kizer said 50 Cent and boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. had been talking about forming a promotions company called TMT Promotions.
The rapper told the commission those plans fell through, and the fledgling business was being absorbed by SMS Promotions.
Springsteen, Bon Jovi to serve on Sandy board
Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi are among the New Jersey natives joining a special fund created in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
The musicians will serve on the advisory board of the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund, according to The Associated Press. The nonprofit was created by state first lady Mary Pat Christie to aid in the long-term recovery effort following the storm.
The board has raised more than $16 million, so far.
Mr. Springsteen said he knows people will rally together to help neighbors to “come back better and stronger.”
Mr. Bon Jovi says the damage and devastation is unimaginable.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq