- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Irish trying to turn USC rivalry their way
No. 22 Oklahoma State (plus 7) at No. 14 Oklahoma
Big 12 title still a possibility for Sooners. … OKLAHOMA 38-24.
UConn (plus 12) at No. 19 Louisville
Cardinals a win away from BCS-bid showdown at Rutgers … LOUISVILLE 28-13.
No. 21 Rutgers (plus 2) at Pittsburgh
No easy games for Scarlet Knights … RUTGERS 20-17.
No. 25 Mississippi State (plus 1) at Mississippi
Bulldogs have won three straight Egg Bowls … OLE MISS 28-24.
Idaho (plus 39) at No. 25 Utah State
Took a while for everyone to realize it, but Aggies are really good. … UTAH STATE 48-7.
Last week’s record: 15-6 (straight); 5-9 (vs. points)
Season record: 197-43 (straight); 110-104 (vs. points)
Best bets: 5-7.
Upset specials: 7-5.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Harry Reid's visa pressure cooker
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- KOENIG: Should Congress hike your taxes ... or, instead, slash spending?
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
The “Silver Tsunami” created by aging Baby Boomers is hitting America. Let’s explore how we adjust to it, enjoy it and defy negative expectations about age.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Global economy, the civilizing power of markets and public morals.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow