- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Evolution die-hards not rooted in science
Secular fundamentalists like writer Catherine Poe forget that science could never have existed over the past 350 years without Christianity (“Creationism: Why are Republicans afraid of science? Ask Sen. Rubio,” Web, Tuesday). Sir Isaac Newton wrote more on theology than on natural science. Pagans already believe they know how the universe works without studying it.
Ms. Poe betrays her secular faith in her reliance on carbon-14 dating. We may be able to factually establish the quantity of carbon-14 in a fossil or a rock, but we are forced to guess how much carbon-14 was in the object when it was formed.
Where does a 4.5-billion-year-old universe contradict God’s word? God is a transcendent being and therefore uses analogical language to communicate with people through His word. God does not necessarily intend all things, such as the seven days of creation, to be interpreted literally.
Evolution is a secular-fundamentalist dogma, not science. No example of evolutionary change from one species into another has ever been recorded. Superstition is distinguished from science when there is an implied assumption of unaccounted-for knowledge undergirding a theory.
CHRISTOPHER J. HOLLINS
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers