- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Evolution die-hards not rooted in science
Secular fundamentalists like writer Catherine Poe forget that science could never have existed over the past 350 years without Christianity (“Creationism: Why are Republicans afraid of science? Ask Sen. Rubio,” Web, Tuesday). Sir Isaac Newton wrote more on theology than on natural science. Pagans already believe they know how the universe works without studying it.
Ms. Poe betrays her secular faith in her reliance on carbon-14 dating. We may be able to factually establish the quantity of carbon-14 in a fossil or a rock, but we are forced to guess how much carbon-14 was in the object when it was formed.
Where does a 4.5-billion-year-old universe contradict God’s word? God is a transcendent being and therefore uses analogical language to communicate with people through His word. God does not necessarily intend all things, such as the seven days of creation, to be interpreted literally.
Evolution is a secular-fundamentalist dogma, not science. No example of evolutionary change from one species into another has ever been recorded. Superstition is distinguished from science when there is an implied assumption of unaccounted-for knowledge undergirding a theory.
CHRISTOPHER J. HOLLINS
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws