- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
HICKS: ‘Two and a Half Men’ teen is the real grown-up
Talk about a career killer.
There’s no word yet from CBS, Mr. Lorre or others associated with the network or the show. No indication yet if Mr. Jones will quit the highly lucrative job, for which his current two-year contract pays him $7.9 million plus a $500,000 signing bonus when he committed in 2010.
But in the twisted world that is Hollywood, and in the disturbing American culture in which we live, it will not be at all surprising that Charlie Sheen continues to enjoy all the perks that celebrity, wealth, power and fame can bring, while Mr. Jones probably will be characterized as “unstable,” and in all likelihood the leaders of his newfound faith will be accused of brainwashing or manipulating him. (That’s already happening.)
Here’s the catch: “Two and a Half Men” is filth. It corrupts our cultural soul, and it accomplishes more for Satan — by glamorizing and glorifying sin and depravity — than we’ll ever know or understand.
Young Angus speaks the truth. Now let’s see where that takes him.
• Marybeth Hicks is the author of “Don’t Let the Kids Drink the Kool-Aid: Confronting the Left’s Assault on Our Families, Faith and Freedom.” Find her on the web at http://marybethhicks.com.
About the Author
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- KNIGHT: Can the ACLU force Catholic hospitals to perform abortions?
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!