- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
HICKS: ‘Two and a Half Men’ teen is the real grown-up
Question of the Day
Talk about a career killer.
There’s no word yet from CBS, Mr. Lorre or others associated with the network or the show. No indication yet if Mr. Jones will quit the highly lucrative job, for which his current two-year contract pays him $7.9 million plus a $500,000 signing bonus when he committed in 2010.
But in the twisted world that is Hollywood, and in the disturbing American culture in which we live, it will not be at all surprising that Charlie Sheen continues to enjoy all the perks that celebrity, wealth, power and fame can bring, while Mr. Jones probably will be characterized as “unstable,” and in all likelihood the leaders of his newfound faith will be accused of brainwashing or manipulating him. (That’s already happening.)
Here’s the catch: “Two and a Half Men” is filth. It corrupts our cultural soul, and it accomplishes more for Satan — by glamorizing and glorifying sin and depravity — than we’ll ever know or understand.
Young Angus speaks the truth. Now let’s see where that takes him.
• Marybeth Hicks is the author of “Don’t Let the Kids Drink the Kool-Aid: Confronting the Left’s Assault on Our Families, Faith and Freedom.” Find her on the web at http://marybethhicks.com.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq