- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Tuning in to TV: Audra McDonald to host ‘Live From Lincoln Center’
Question of the Day
The first cycle of “Sherlock” debuted in the United Kingdom in July 2010. The eagerly anticipated second season premiered there last January, with PBS premiering the three 90-minute episodes in May.
The news comes on the heels of two other announcements about favorite British imports, with “Downton Abbey” receiving a fourth-season order and the creators of “Merlin” announcing the show will end after the upcoming fifth season.
Florida man adds suit to claims against Elmo puppeteer
A Florida man has sued the former Elmo puppeteer who resigned amid a sex scandal, saying the voice actor met him in New York after trolling gay telephone chat lines seeking underage boys for sex.
The lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages, was filed in Manhattan federal court Tuesday by a man who remains anonymous.
The man said he met Kevin Clash in 2000 on a chat line when he was 16 years old and exploring modeling opportunities in New York.
The lawsuit says Mr. Clash had numerous Elmo dolls in his apartment when he met the teen for sex. The man, now 29, is the third to make claims against Mr. Clash, who resigned from “Sesame Street” last week after 28 years.
A spokeswoman said Mr. Clash “believes this lawsuit has no merit.”
HBO documentary on Beyonce to air in February
Beyonce is getting personal.
HBO announced Monday that a documentary about the Grammy-winning singer will debut on Feb. 16. Beyonce is directing the film, which will include footage she shot with her laptop.
The network said the documentary will include “video that provides raw, unprecedented access to the private entertainment icon and high-voltage performances.” It also will feature home videos of her family and of the singer as a new mother and owner of her company, Parkwood Entertainment.
Beyonce said in a statement that the untitled project was “personal” to her. She is married to Jay-Z. They had their first child, daughter Blue Ivy Carter, in January.
The 31-year-old will perform at the 2013 Super Bowl halftime show on Feb. 3, 13 days before the documentary airs.
Hagman’s ashes to be scattered ‘around the world’
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!