- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Rhino killings for horns rapidly rise in S. Africa
Poaching soars to satisfy demands of Asian health seekers
Rhino poachers have gone beyond the Kruger park and are targeting private farms and reserves. Poachers likely spent days watching the Finfoot Game Reserve, which breeds rhinos for game viewing, Marc Lappeman said.
Workers caught a man in ragged clothes lurking around the park with more than $115 in crisp 100 rand bills and a new mobile phone in his pocket around the time of the killings, Mr. Lappeman said.
The poachers fired on the rhinos far from the game lodge, probably moving methodically closer as no one came to investigate the shots, he said. Mr. Lappeman said he and his father only found the dead rhinos the day after seeing the lost calf.
One wounded mother rhino walked all the way to the property’s edge, finally dying on a dirt road, to be found first thing that morning.
“She had physically come to the road to die, to say, ‘I’m dying, come fetch my calf,’” Mr. Lappeman said.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Legalizing illegal immigrants is the solution to Obamacare: Democrat
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!