- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
D.C. police investigating death of Egyptian woman at hotel
A 25-year old Egyptian woman was found dead in a Dupont Circle hotel earlier this month, police confirmed Thursday.
The Metropolitan Police Department said Shaimaa Mohamed Hassanien Ibrahim was found on Nov. 3 at the Carlyle Suites. For now, they’re classifying the case as a “death investigation” until authorities hear back on a cause of death from the D.C. Office of the Medical Examiner.
Police offered only scant details about the woman, and MPD spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said there were “no apparent signs of trauma.”
Authorities confirmed the investigation in response to an inquiry by The Washington Times on Thursday.
A spokeswoman for the FBI’s Washington Field Office said the FBI was not investigating, and officials at the Egyptian embassy had no comment by deadline on whether city police had alerted them about the woman’s death.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jim McElhatton is an investigative reporter for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- 'Compromised' keys cost Treasury Department big bucks
- Thompson plea raises questions about his old accounting firm
- Judge dismisses KBR's attempt to divert legal bills on sickened troops in Iraq to taxpayers
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Fate of Alex Cho, cooperator in bribery case, uncertain after Justice Department reneges on promises
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Redskins' secondary holes remain unfilled amid NFL free-agent frenzy
- F-35 secrets now showing up in chinas stealth fighter
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again