- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Man shot after pointing gun at DC police
A man was shot by police late Wednesday night after he pointed a handgun at officers in a Northwest alley, D.C. police said.
The unidentified man was shot in the 400 block of Kenyon Street NW and taken to the hospital where he was treated for his injuries. No officers were hurt during the altercation.
A neighbor who lives close to where the shooting took place said that at about 11 p.m. he heard what sounded like "five or six shots. It didn't sound like an exchange."
The neighbor said he went to his window, which is very thin, and could hear shouting for someone to "get on the ground."
Within minutes, about eight police cars were on scene, shining their lights "like they were looking for something," the neighbor said.
Two police cars were in the alley on Thursday morning, the neighbor said, to keep the area clear.
A police spokeswoman said she did not know if the man who was shot fired his weapon, nor what prompted him to point the handgun at officers in the first place.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Chris Brown's assault trial delayed by D.C. judge
- In the company of a saint: Catholic Church will canonize Pope John Paul and Pope John XXIII
- Chris Brown assault trial delayed again
- '8THEIST' plate denial sparks lawsuit in New Jersey
- Faith scores again at the box office
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014