- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Man shot after pointing gun at DC police
A man was shot by police late Wednesday night after he pointed a handgun at officers in a Northwest alley, D.C. police said.
The unidentified man was shot in the 400 block of Kenyon Street NW and taken to the hospital where he was treated for his injuries. No officers were hurt during the altercation.
A neighbor who lives close to where the shooting took place said that at about 11 p.m. he heard what sounded like "five or six shots. It didn't sound like an exchange."
The neighbor said he went to his window, which is very thin, and could hear shouting for someone to "get on the ground."
Within minutes, about eight police cars were on scene, shining their lights "like they were looking for something," the neighbor said.
Two police cars were in the alley on Thursday morning, the neighbor said, to keep the area clear.
A police spokeswoman said she did not know if the man who was shot fired his weapon, nor what prompted him to point the handgun at officers in the first place.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three Gulf countries sink 'Noah' before movie's launch
- Lenten season marks big business for seafood sector
- ACU at 50: Strong and looking ahead
- Ready for spring? D.C. cherry blossoms to bloom by mid-April
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Son of God'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again