- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Celebrities use Twitter to cheer on or rip Obama
Carey releases a song; Trump is traumatized
Question of the Day
“Congratulations to our beloved President Barack Obama, our spectacular First Lady Michelle Obama & the adorable Malia & Sasha. We love you!” Miss Carey wrote. “INCREDIBLE SPEECH!!!!!! Watching in a room full of diverse people — all truly moved. Thank you America for President Obama — 4more yrs.”
“This is no time for triumphalism, because we are still in an economic crisis and we still have deep social divisions that must be dealt with,” he wrote. “But we have to absorb, as a country, as a NATION, that first and foremost, AMERICA IS CHANGING … We cannot fight demographics by ignoring women, Latinos, blacks, young people, and gays who gave their lives for our country.
“The middle class and poor need support,” he continued, “and every politician who is not ready for this change should wake today and realize that minorities will wait in line into the early hours of the morning to vote them out of office. Forward, we go.”
Others, including filmmaker Ron Howard and actors Rob Lowe and James Van Der Beek, said it’s time to move past the election toward mending the nation.
“To all the winners (and losers) tonight: Politicians run campaigns. Leaders strike compromises,” Mr. Van Der Beek wrote. “Time for everyone to shift gears now #please.”
— AP reporter Hilary Fox contributed to this report from London.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Chris Matthews: GOP less patriotic than South African white apartheid leaders
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
White House pets gone wild!