- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lament for lost America
The American people have spoken. With the re-election of President Obama, America is on her way to complete conversion to a socialist country (“Election 2012: Obama re-elected without a mandate,” Web, Wednesday).
This will not be the kind of socialism of Greece, where the government foolishly has spent the country’s resources and the people are suffering greatly for it. Nor will it be like the former Soviet Union, where even an aspirin could not be found in the apothecaries and standing in line to buy bread was an everyday necessity. Mr. Obama’s socialist America will have the peasants dancing in the streets for joy, and why not? We will be taken care of from the womb to the tomb.
One of the cornerstones of Mr. Obama’s socialist country is the redistribution of wealth. Targeted for their wealth will be those “greedy” oil companies. In the words of Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. about America’s economy, “It’s all about a three-letter word, J-O-B-S, jobs.” Government jobs, that is.
Cry, the beloved country we once were.
STELLA L. JATRAS
Camp Hill, Pa.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter