- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
HOW PRESIDENT OBAMA’S ELECTION WIN IMPACTS HOLLYWOOD (ANALYSIS)
What the president’s re-election means for industry causes like SOPA, Israel and the environment as showbiz flexes its political muscle.
`THE HOBBIT’ PRODUCERS SUE `AGE OF THE HOBBITS’ STUDIO FOR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT
Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, MGM and producer Saul Zaentz seek to stop the low-budget film for allegedly violating their rights to the `Hobbit’ name.
JARED LETO RETURNING TO ACTING WITH `DALLAS BUYER’S CLUB’
The 30 Seconds to Mars frontman joins Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner in the AIDS drama, playing a flamboyant cross-dresser.
KIM DOTCOM’S `ME.GA’ PLAN FOILED BY SMALL AFRICAN NATION
Gabon forbids the Megaupload founder from using their .ga domain.
FOX NEWS TOPS CABLE’S ELECTION NIGHT RATINGS, GROWS FROM 2008
Winning primetime in total viewers — and thus far shy of only NBC across all nets — first numbers have the network earning its most-watched block ever.
BOX OFFICE PREVIEW: `SKYFALL’ TRACKING FOR HUGE WEEKEND IN NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT
The 23rd installment in the James Bond franchise already has earned nearly $300 million overseas; Steven Spielberg’s `Lincoln’ tests the waters, opens in 11 cities.
`DOG’ CHAPMAN SCORES BIG LEGAL VICTORY AGAINST `BOUNTY HUNTER’ PRODUCER
The California Labor Commissioner deems Boris Krutonog an unlicensed talent agent and awards Chapman more than $500,000 in a long-running feud.
JUDGE DENIES INJUNCTION AGAINST DISH `AUTOHOP AD-SKIPPER’
Judge Dolly Gee makes a secret ruling on a technology that Fox argues will irreparably harm the television industry.
`X-FACTOR’ MYSTERY: WHAT’S THAT IN BRITNEY SPEARS’ EAR?
Is the pop star-turned-TV judge super-sensitive to high-volume audience screams, or are show producers feeding her lines and direction via an IFB? THR gets to the bottom of earplug-gate.
`AMERICAN IDOL’S’ JESSICA SANCHEZ ON `GLEE’: 5 POSSIBLE STORYLINES
Will the season 11 runner-up be part of a tribute to Barbra Streisand? Play Santana’s cousin? A New Directions rival? THR presents a handful of scenarios for the singer’s future role on the Fox musical.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world