- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
USC manager fired for deflating balls in loss
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Southern California says it has fired a student manager who intentionally deflated game footballs below NCAA-mandated pressure levels for the Trojans' loss to Oregon last week.
USC announced the dismissal of the unnamed student manager on its website late Wednesday night.
The school says it was reprimanded and fined by the Pac-12.
Underinflated footballs are thought to be easier to catch and throw. The Ducks had little trouble throwing or catching throughout their 62-51 win, the worst defensive performance in USC history.
USC says game officials discovered some of the underinflated footballs before the game and others at halftime, fixing the balls before the second half.
USC says the student manager acknowledged he deflated the balls of his own accord after they had been checked by officials before the game.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors