- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
World Briefs: Head of Anglican Church to be revealed Friday
Macedonian public servants are not normally required to take IQ tests, but Mr. Todorov can be demanding. He recently angered state doctors by linking their salaries with the number of patients they treat.
The average intelligence quotient is 90 to 110. Above 140, people are considered geniuses.
Pope opening Twitter account
VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI will start tweeting from his own, personal Twitter account, perhaps before the end of the year, a Vatican spokesman said Thursday.
The 85-year-old Benedict sent his first tweet from a Vatican account last year when he launched the Vatican’s news information portal.
The new Twitter account will be his own, though it’s doubtful Benedict himself will wrestle down his encyclicals, apostolic exhortations and other papal pronouncements into 140-character bites.
Benedict, who writes longhand and does not normally use a computer, more likely will sign off on tweets written in his name.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Eric Cantor rejects latest Obama immigration outreach
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.