- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare forces taxpayer abortion funding
On Wednesday night, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. talked about how he cannot in good conscience force other people to follow the teachings of the Catholic Church concerning abortion (“The Joker Joe Biden blasts Ryan’s ‘malarkey,’ ” Web, Thursday). He is personally opposed, of course, but naturally can’t see fit to impose his beliefs on others, he said.
Isn’t it hypocritical that the Department of Health and Human Services‘ mandate of the Affordable Care Act tax imposes abortion funding requirements on those who oppose abortion? The HHS mandate will force anyone who has any objection to abortion or sterilization to pay for the procedures through fees collected from them by insurance companies. It’s time to wake up, America. Protect religious freedom and fire President Obama.
Mountain Top, Pa.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Get Breaking Alerts
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Robert E. Lee and 'Stonewall' Jackson tributes face Army War College removal
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Global-warming mania's deadly fallout
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Wasted: Tom Coburn's 'Wastebook targets 70 days in bed, Facebook
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- Senators in rush to pass budget vow to undo cut to military retirement pay
- Mega Millions players dream of a green Christmas with lottery jackpot at $636 million